I haven’t done a full-blown glossy in a LOOOONG time and since I have significantly changed my regimen, I thought of doing one for this week!
I honestly think my skin has never been better – smaller pores and well-balanced. And now that I’m in my mid 30′s(yes, you better believe it), I am willing to spend more on skincare.
So here are my current favorites and then some:
- Aesop Amazing Facial Cleanser – Part of my obsessive Aesop shopping spree earlier in the year, their Amazing Facial Cleanser completely won me over. It is light and cleanses away the grime! I love the herb-y smell. I use this with my Clarisonic(still so in love with it! )
- Aesop Oil-free Facial Hydrating Serum - This hydrating serum is probably one of my “Thank GOD for this” products of the year. My skin feels moisturized but not sticky. I love it!
- Dior Capture Totale One Essential Serum - This was recommended by Cecile D. as she swears by Dior and their skincare line. I was a skeptic but after spending an afternoon at their counter in Saks Union Square, I was convinced! Not cheap but man, this shit works! I use it in between toning and moisturizing. One Essential serum helps your skin recover and regenerates cells! It also makes your other products 4x more effective. I am now a believer. <3
- Dove Pure deodorant – my favorite deodorant!!
- Dove Essential Nourishment Body Lotion – Light and not too fragrant, perfect for those humid Manila days
- Bioderma Sebium H2O – more than just my lazy day cleanser, it serves as my favorite toner too!
- Naked 2 Palette – I finally got one a few months ago and I really think it is well-priced and probably the only eye palette you’ll need EVER.
- Bobbi Brown Sheer finish pressed powder – still my favorite after all these years
- Armani Beauty Maestro Foundation in 6.5 and 4.0 – I first heard about it via ITG Top Shelf of Julia Restoin. Truth be told, I’m not a fan of foundation but this has changed my mind. You only use a drop or two, Maestro will leave your face looking very natural but BETTER. Eliminates discoloration and fine lines. My friend L gave me the 4.0 for my birthday, I got the 6.5 during my NYC trip because I usually want to look a touch darker(try this trick so you can avoid the bronzer step!)
- Chanel Les Beige in #30 – bronzer? chanel? I’m there. It leaves your skin flawless and naturally glowing!
- Burberry Beauty Lip Velvet in Redwood – I use this red-brown matte lipstick almost everyday to make me look more put together for work.
- Tom Ford Beauty lipstick in Indian Rose – There is a sweetness and naturalness about Indian Rose, I love to use this for a sweet daytime look. I even use this at night for a natural “let’s hang out” effortless lips.
- L’Eau Serge Lutens – I had always been intrigued with Serge Lutens fragrances which I first tried in Paris. I found this one in Changi Airport and thought this was perfect for Asiam summers – very light and fresh.
- Amyris Femme Maison Francis Kurkdjian - The very first time I tried this at Adora, I fell madly in love BUT thought the price points were ridic(Hello, Kuripot.com). Thankfully, a friend gave this to me for my birthday this year and I am beyond thrilled. It has a fruity and sweet smell with notes of orange, lemon, amyris and iris. It’s so feminine! Whenever I wear it, I feel like I’m a proper lady.
- Vitamin B Complex – It’s good for your nervous system and metabolism. Plus I also feel like it helps in regulating my moods!