Lili Paz Tiongson is a registered nurse based in Houston, Texas. She also blogs at SWANKY::CHIC::FETTE where she channels her inner Martha Stewart. Her brand of cool and chic lifestyle ideas has landed her on one of Pinterest‘s most popular boards. On top of all of that, she is a loving wife to her doctor husband and devoted mom to her 5-year-old son, Aston.
1) Hair : Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner by Organix, not the next shampoo out there but this is what I’ve been liking lately. Love the smell and when used along with the Moroccan Argan Dry Oil, it makes me hair look shiny and healthy. I rotate the conditioner along with 2 others, Fekkai Shea butter and Philip B Forever Shine conditioner – both leaves a long lasting heavenly smell to the hair and makes it manageable and soft.
I use the Moroccan Argan Dry oil after a towel dry my hair and before blow drying. It leaves hair shiny. Ojon finishing spray is another product I recently tried and liked used as the last thing to put on your hair after styling. My two favorite dry shampoo, Oscar Blandi. I dont wash my hair everyday and I start applying dry shampoo on the 3rd day. It adds volume and absorbs scalp oil that wears hair down.
2) Face/Body : Olay ProX Advance Cleansing brush – been using it over a year now, 2-3x a wk and seen major improvement on pore sizes and overallface skin smoothness. I use it with Fresh Soy Face cleanser which is really mild and afterwards use my Algenist cream.
On days I dont use the Olay cleansing brush, I am loyal to my Proactive routine (due to adult acne that started after college). And with the scars left by cystic acne, i use Kiehls Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution (works wonders) as well as Mederma (works just as well for less $$ but smells awful). During winter, I use this Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating treatment which is an amazing gel-like lotion that does not leave skin sticky yet moisturizes and hydrates extremely dry skin. And the best smelling all-natural deodorant, Lavanila.
3) Makeup : I love using a palette collection (like this one from Too Faced, a gift from last Christmas) – it takes out the guess work on makeup color choices. Same as this Benefit Fine One One, another product I love that multi-task – it brightens & contours cheeks and is also a lipcolor. But I have to apply a few times to get the right amount of color I need since I have a darker skin tone. I am obsessed with BB creams and I have tried a bunch of them and finally focusing one 2 that I really like. Dr.Jart Water Fuse BB cream has a lighter coverage than the Dr.Jart Black Label Detox BB cream. If I needed more coverage I just top both BB creams with Maybelline Instant Age Rewind eraser treatment makeup in Creamy Beige. Its a liquid makeup in a tube that blends really well and has anti-aging elements and SPF in it. My concealer comes from this Maybelline line as well, the Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in Fair shade. During the day, I rarely use eyeliner but when I do at night I use my favorite eyeliner, Stila sparkle waterproof eyeliner in Rock Candy. Same with mascara, rarely use it during the day but I just curl my lashes with Sephora’s eyelash curler. But for special nights out I love using Theyre Real mascara from Benefit. Glides easily and no clumping! For eyes, I use Chanel Smoky eyes collection set # 93. I usually use those for evening events that call for dark smoky eyes. I rarely use it but its a good collection to have for those special night.
I hoard cheek tints and blush. Nars Super Orgasm is my blush choice for summer nights because of its glimmer and shine. Laura Mercier pink mosaic shimmer is also a favorite for spring/summer. For pink peachy cheeks everyday, I use Chanel’s Blush Horizon from Spring 2012 (no longer available i think). I love carrying in my makeup bag either my Benetint cheek stain (i’m almost out of it) or Tarte’s Tickled cream stain for touch ups or for days where I dont want to look fully made up but still want a bit of color on my face, I dab either one on both cheeks.
My lipcolor favorites range from peachy, pink and red shades. Tom Ford Casablanca is a cross between peach, brown and pink. Great everyday shade and TF creme lipsticks are longlasting. My favorite pink in Chanel is Chanel Camelia and favorite red is Rouge Allure 39. An everyday lip stain for me is the Tarte Joy Natural lipstain with lipsurgence. It looks orange in the stick but comes on as bright pink. I also love that it has that minty feel on your lips from the lipsurgence ingredient making you feel like your lips are fuller. I am not a lipgloss fan but if I need to add shine and luster to my lips, I use Chanel Glossimer 277 and 146, both in peach shades. For lining my lips, I use Chanel Aqua Crayon lipcolor stick. I hoard Revlon’s ColorBurst Lip Butters and my go-to favorite shades are pink truffle, brown sugar, berry smoothie and peach parfait. These lip balms with highly pigmented colors give you the color you need as any lipstick would but has the calming smoothing properties of any lip balm. The color lasts longer and I find myslef using them daily. Another inexpensive lipstick find that I like is the Rimmel lipstick line by Kate Moss. I love its creamy texture and with the small number of color choices, I especially love 08, 104 and 103 – all in pink!
4) Scents : I’ve been using Denenes since high school and now I splash it on my son after shower. I love the baby scent on the blue version. Another similar scent to Denenes is Jacadi’s Garcon which I use everyday. Just a fresh smelling mild clean scent perfect for babies too. My tried and true favorites for fall/winter are Annick Goutal‘s Passion and Eau de Sud which I would spritz on for nights out. During the day, Eau de Sisley 3 and 1 are also great ~ they have distinct sporty scents that really lasts all day. Lastly, this a new one that I have been using ~ I think its perfect for summer and spring, Calypso St. Barth’s Bellini. Sweet, fruity scent perfect for daytime.
5) Nail care : I swear with the following nail care products – Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat, leaves nail shiny and protected from early chipping. it quickly dries too and i reapply if i want to add luster and sheen to an old polish. Julep Quick Dry polish drops are exactly what theyre called – a quick drying liquid to top your manicure with an amazing scent & all-natural ingredients (all Julep products anyway which i love about the line). Im weird because I know all these products are really good but when I use OPI or Essie, I top my manicure with this other favorite Essie Good To Go top coat that’s also fast drying and leaves nails just as shiny as the Julep counterpart. And when I do my nails, which is quite often, I use Julep Acetone free conditioning nail polish remover. Removes toughest nailcolor coats but it leaves a sweet smelling scent unlike other nail polish removers that has that pungent strong smell.
My favorite colors – neutrals : L-R butter london yummy mummy, chanel frenzy, essie The Glamour Purse (dupe for Particuliere, in my opinion), essie Case Study, Chanel particuliere.
Pinks/red/purple : L-R essie Wrapped in Rubies, Nars jungle Red (my favorite red nailcolor), Trina Turk for Julep Delauney (a great red orange color), Julep Eva, Tom Ford African Violet
Blues : L-R Julep Melanie, Chanel Blue Rebel, Chanel Blue boy, Chanel Coco Blue, Chanel Skyline, Zoya (lost the name sticker), Essie blue rhapsody
as told to divasoria