Divasoria

my glossy/may 2012: new favorites and summer essentials

with 12 comments

a little update on my discoveries and new favorites the past few months.

IMG_2056

discovered these while walking around watson’s in SM city…BACOLOD. yes. i’m not a beauty snob, and i’m willing to try all sorts of products as long as it works and these WORK!(and honestly, i don’t exactly know what the brand is so i just look for these tubes and that’s it) i especially love the moisturizer. it leaves my skin moisturized but not sticky! it also has a cooling effect. i love it so much, every time i go into a watson’s, i have to look for these. delighted that they were on sale a few months ago and hoarded so MUCH. you should look through my bathroom cabinets and they are filled with these little things. hehehe.

IMG_2054

my current everyday beauty schtick – i put on a tiny amount of skinfood‘s good afternoon honey black tea bb cream or pat a thin layer dr feelgood as primer. i really like this bb cream because it’s illuminating – keeps your skin glowing. then i use sugarbomb as bronzer/blusher, curl my lashes and use THE BEST mascara – armani’s eyes to kill. for lips, i go either very “natural” with chanel’s rouge coco baume(the prissy girl’s lip balm! HA!) or this amazing new line from armani beauty, it’s rouge d’armani sheer lipstick! my friend gave me this bright barbie pink color(vita 501) but on the lips it’s light and sheer. it’s really pretty and fresh.

i was also cleaning out my stack of beauty products and forgot i had this smokin’ eye kit from benefit! makes smokey eyes easy-peasy which i love to do for evenings. another night-out essential is gloss d’armani in nude.

and since i’m miss kuripot, i found a good mattifying top coat from dashing diva. this keeps me from obsessing over not hoarding enough bottles of chanel’s velvet matte top coat.

IMG_2051

whenever i can, i love getting a good tan and since i came back from the beach, i’ve been obsessed with trying to prolong the golden glow. my usual beach staples are a good sunscreen, currently i’m using VMV’s armada sport 70 spf for my body and chanel’s uv essentiel for my face. for tanning, i swear by amazing maui babe’s browning lotion. simply the BEST and most effective.

to make the tan last, i use a combination of nivea‘s smooth body oil and nivea’s baby loving caring oil at night. unfortunately, i haven’t seen nivea’s smooth body oil in watson’s or supermarkets lately so i’ve been worried. let me know if you see this! i am going to hoard! i also discovered vaseline’s total moisture cocoa glow recently and have been using this in the mornings/daytime. it keeps the skin buttery soft with no icky feeling.

Written by divasoria

May 23rd, 2012 at 5:47 am

Posted in beauty

Tagged with

12 Responses to 'my glossy/may 2012: new favorites and summer essentials'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'my glossy/may 2012: new favorites and summer essentials'.

1. I have eyes to kill but haven’t had a chance to try it yet. You’ve just given me an ever so gentle push, heh-heh

fireflyzephyr

23 May 12 at 8:36 am

2. I swear by the Chanel UV Essentiel too! I think I’ve tried almost every facial sunscreen out there. This by far, smells the best, does not break me out, and it feels like nothing on. It’s pricey but for me, worth it, because I’m always in the sun. A nice alternative that’s much cheaper is the Neutrogena UltraSheer. It comes close, so when I’m feeling like I’m spending too much on myself, I get this. My friends from Australia hoard it when they come here. Have you tried it?

Pia

23 May 12 at 12:23 pm

3. where can you get the amazing maui babe’s browning lotion? my summer is only about to start.

Bea

23 May 12 at 1:41 pm

4. Pia!! Will check out neutragena! I will spend most of august in the US, so I will hoard!

divasoria

23 May 12 at 4:49 pm

5. Bea- Maui babe is available at strip or message them via twitter @mauibabePH

divasoria

23 May 12 at 4:51 pm

6. No more kiehl’s? or do you alternate it with your new discovery? Your last glossy made me try out kiehl’s so I’m curious :)

Ria

23 May 12 at 6:49 pm

7. ^hi Ria! I alternate with Kiehl’s! Super loyal, I just get bored so I try to mix it up every now and then.

divasoria

23 May 12 at 7:09 pm

8. I know how you feel. So far kiehl’s has been fantastic – a bit pricey but a little goes a long way so not too bad and it feels great on my skin. I have now have a long list I want to try out. Thanks for the recommendation!

Ria

23 May 12 at 7:48 pm

9. the first pic i think that’s superdrug’s own brand. it’s one of the big chemists here in the uk. =)

mille

23 May 12 at 9:45 pm

10. I’m on a long vacation in the 2nd half of August. If you come to Hawaii I can take you all around! :)

Pia

24 May 12 at 6:47 am

11. oh i have also been searching for the nivea body oil. thats what i use and I’m down to my last bottle. I’ve been to sm, watsons, pcx, rustans…none! :(

lisse

24 May 12 at 8:29 pm

12. [...] polish super glossy and it is probably the best quick dry top coat in the market. I am a believer! Oil-free deep moisturizer from SuperDrug – I got this walking around Watson’s in SM Bacolod and it has been true love ever since. [...]