Divasoria

Staycation 2012

with 11 comments

when most people run to the nearest resort on holy week, i almost always choose to stay behind and savor metro manila at its most peaceful.

Staycation

empty streets, one of the best reasons to stay in the city. this was ortigas avenue at 10am on maundy thursday. amazing!

Staycation

thursday, i visited my 92-year-old grandmother and accompanied my mom to a round of visita iglesia. we decided to have lunch at the cafe of the midas hotel. i love these chairs!

Staycation

we didn’t get the buffet and we just ordered ala carte, i loved this – it’s potato pancakes with smoked salmon. NOMS! the food was actually very good but the service sucks.

Nice lighting. The restroom at the Midas hotel. Hehehe. #selfportrait #iphone4s #instagram #igersmanila #iphoneasia #iphoneography

i went to the restroom before leaving and was delighted to notice the lighting. nice lighting = nice photo?

Staycation

the next day, i checked up on my friends’ house as they were out on a vacation. kevin was housesitting. sponge bob is holding down the fort at the krusty krab.

Staycation

my family and i also trooped down to the hyatt hotel and casino to have all-you-can eat dimsum at Li Li.

Staycation

for 788 pesos, it was really good quality stuff. noms!

Staycation

i met a new friend, his name is nash. such a sweet dog! he’s camera shy though.

Staycation

i had dinner on black saturday at nomama with some QC folks. this is their soft shell crab salad. new discovery? their squash flower tempura with prawn mousse was great!

Staycation

plus i had time for a couple of sessions of forma.

all in all? now THAT was a staycation.

Written by divasoria

April 9th, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Posted in Uncategorized

Tagged with

11 Responses to 'Staycation 2012'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Staycation 2012'.

1. Sounds like a lovely time…I am all the city when it’s empty, I enjoyed that today :)

joey

9 Apr 12 at 7:33 pm

2. super lovely time! hope you had a restful weekend as well :)

divasoria

9 Apr 12 at 7:36 pm

3. hey, that’s a really cheap dimsum buffet. would you know if it’s promo or fixed rate? would love to check it out when i come home :)

shivanana

9 Apr 12 at 7:46 pm

4. ^they have the all-you-can-eat dimsum from monday-saturday. it’s been on-going for a few years now :)

divasoria

9 Apr 12 at 7:48 pm

5. cool! been deprived of good dimsum here in DE. looking forward! food aside, i like the fitness-related links you retweet. keep it up :)

shivanana

9 Apr 12 at 7:52 pm

6. Same here, love Manila during this time of the year.. btw you are so payat na!! you’re looking real good Grace! — Cath

Cath

9 Apr 12 at 11:42 pm

7. Same here, I love that the streets are empty and peaceful. I liked it when you said “savor metro manila at its most peaceful.” :D I think those who are left are the native Manilenos, or those who didn’t have a province as a hometown.

I just remembered during the last Sunday before holy week, a friend out of frustration (because first, we got stuck in an alley due to a van that counter-flowed on a ONE WAY narrow street, then a block before reaching our destination, passengers of a tricycle alighted unmindfully IN THE MIDDLE of the street, and the driver picked up his next passengers still IN THE MIDDLE of the street, never niya tinabi tricycle nya)

my friend bursted “pano dinadala kasi dito ugali nilang probinsya.” for some reason his line struck me. Then come holy week I couldn’t help but notice the stark difference. Manila was at its most peaceful. *don’t get me wrong I have nothing against probinsyanos tho’

Laugh Gams

10 Apr 12 at 12:31 am

8. ^aww thank you cath :)

divasoria

10 Apr 12 at 5:43 am

9. i also noticed your super toned arms. all because of plana? ;)

Ria

10 Apr 12 at 12:14 pm

10. ^ Ha! It’s going up to 6lb weights during Forma! Thanks Ü

divasoria

10 Apr 12 at 12:18 pm

11. Might need to try forma then. I want super toned arms too! :)

Ria