(photo courtesy of edison ong)
Pia Arroyo Magalona is the epitome of a Modern Filipina – strong, fearless, successful, nurturing, passionate and loyal. We like to call her the Queen of Rap(sometimes, queen of Wrap for other reasons 😛 )as she is the beacon of light that energizes the memory and legacy of her late husband, Francis Magalona and the pillar of strength for the the whole Magalona clan (8 kids! plus grandkids. SO IMPRESSIVE).
So, here’s my stuff: For the shower, I discovered the BEST EVER shampoo and conditioner from The Body Shop (TBS) called Rain Forest. I’ve always used natural/organic products, especially for the bath, so I have all kinds of bath gels, also from the Body Shop. For my body lotion, I use Crabtree and Evelyn’s India Hicks Island Living for day, and at night it’s India Hicks Island Night. As for anti-perspirant/deodorant, my underarms react best to Kiehl’s cream, which I alternate with TBS’ Aqua Lily roll-on.
For my face, I swear by TBS’ Vitamin E Skin Cleanser, which I use to remove my makeup at night, using their organic cotton rounds. I do not wash my face with water at night. This is what makes my skin the good quality it is in ‘til this day! I have also recently purchased most of the products in their Natrulift skincare line because it’s supposed to be the natural way to anti-ageing and since I’m in my late 40s I think I should start using it.
After slapping on Natrulift’s Day Cream, I also put on Clinique’s Super City Block with SPF30 so my
freckles won’t multiply any further!
• Because brows frame the face, Bloom’s Retractable Brow Definer is a MUST.
• I use Bloom’s Eye Colour Cream in Taupe on my eyelids
• If I want to a stronger eye, I rim it with Chanel’s Precision Eye Definer in Grey.
• Finish off with either Sublime de Chanel Waterproof Mascara i in black, or Smashbox’s Bionic Mascara in Indigo Ink.
• To get the effect done on me by pro makeup artists all on my own I have Smashbox’s Contour Palette.
• On the apples of my cheeks, I alternate between Nars’ blush in Orgasm, Smashbox’s Flush or Youngblood’s Sugar Plum.
• Finally, for the lips, I use either just Carmex or TBS’ lip treatments.
• If lipstick is called for, then it’s either my favorite red, MAC’s Ruby Woo or for a “faded” look, MAC’s Taupe.
• My scent for now is CHIC Boutique from River Island.
as told to divasoria